UNITED STATES PREMIER HOCKEY LEAGUE
September 15, 2020
The UPSHL is requiring all organizations to undertake the following steps to help to safeguard against the contraction and/or spread of COVID-19.
All USHPL members must use all reasonable best efforts to follow all federal, state and local guidelines (collectively “COVID-19 Guidelines”) issued pertaining to COVID-19 including, but not limited to, guidelines regarding travel, facility management and any hockey/sport related policies. Each Organization must print out the applicable COVID-19 Guidelines and provide a copy to each general manager, coach, trainer, and other team personnel. One printed copy must always be present with the team.
- Require all players arriving to start the season (first practice, team meeting or other event in which the player arrives to start participating with the organization) to provide written documentation regarding a negative COVID-19 test that was taken no more than 3 days prior to arrival.
- Require all players and team personnel to take a COVID-19 rapid test within 24 hours of departing on any overnight trip in which the team will be traveling within team bus/vans.
- Upon the determination of any player or team personnel becoming infected with COVID-19, have all team players and personnel get tested for COVID-19 before returning to play.
- Temperature Check all players prior to practice, games and travel.
All USPHL organizations are required to have an action plan/procedure to facilitate the transportation and safekeeping of players who become ill/infected with COVID-19. Each USPHL Organization’s plan must include the following:
- A “Safe House” to which an ill/infected player may be domiciled and cared for until recovery and the requisite quarantine period has been achieved.
- A “Designated Driver/Process” to allow safe/proper transportation of an ill/infected player back to their home, billet family or safe house.
Each Organization’s plan regarding the actions it will undertake to manage a player when a player or team personnel is determined to have contracted COVID 19, including the Safe House and Designated Driver Protocol, is due to the league office 3 days prior to the start of the organization’s team’s season.
All USHPL members must use all reasonable best efforts to follow all federal, state, and local guidelines (collectively “COVID-19 Guidelines”) issued pertaining to Social Distancing.
- All team personnel and players must wear a facial covering at all times outside the ice surface and the team’s facilities within the rink or other buildings. This includes to and from their mode of transportation, within the rink/facility as they are entering/leaving or traversing the building except when going on/off the ice.
- In public in general where there is exposure to the public – stores, school, town centers, etc.
Each organization is to define social boundaries for all team staff and players while not participating with the team. Limitations should include prohibiting participation in social gatherings (“parities, etc.), attending concerts, movies and other forms of entertainment that place the team personnel and players in situations where there is an above usual potential for exposure to someone who has COVID-19.
End of Game
Teams will not do a line handshake but will rather line up on the blue line and do a stick salute.