SAT/ACT PREP and COLLEGE GUIDANCE
The Florida Eels are dedicated to providing every opportunity and as much support as possible for each of our hockey players.
To that end, we have partnered with The Studen Den, which offers Zoom SAT/ACT prep classes – one-on-one or semi-private – conveniently working with the dedicated travel and training schedules our players are committed to. Our aim is to get our boys every advantage and we are completely committed to ensuring they achieve their personal highest and best in all areas.
Here are the SAT Test Dates and Deadlines for 2023-2024
Est. Registration Deadline
Est. Online Score Release
|June 3, 2023||May 4, 2023||June 16, 2023||Paper|
|August 26, 2023||July 28, 2023||September 8, 2023||Paper|
|October 7, 2023||September 7, 2023||October 20, 2023||Paper|
|November 4, 2023||October 5, 2023||November 17, 2023||Paper|
|December 2, 2023||November 2, 2023||December 15, 2023||Paper|
|March 9, 2024||February 23, 2024||March 22 - March 29, 2024||Digital|
|May 4, 2024||April 19, 2024||May 17 - May 24, 2024||Digital|
|June 1, 2024||May 17, 2024||June 14 - June 21, 2024||Digital|
In the Spring of 2024, the US SAT and SAT School Day exams will go digital.
What’s the Difference?
- The digital SAT will be shorter, running for about two hours in contrast to the current SAT’s length of three hours. Students will also be given more time per question.
- The digital SAT Reading and Math sections will be more relevant. SAT Reading passages will be shorter and will cover a wider range of topics that represent the types of texts that students read in college. One question will correspond with each reading passage instead of a set of multiple questions. On SAT Math, students will be able to use calculators on the entire section.
- The digital SAT will be more accessible. Students will be able to use their own laptop or tablet or a school-issued device to take the digital SAT. If a student loses Internet access, the digital SAT will save their work and will not count the time lost against them. SAT scores will be available to students within days instead of weeks.
ACT- 2023-24 ACT Test Dates & Registration Deadlines
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||Late Registration Deadline||Estimated Score Release|
|February 11, 2023||January 6, 2023||January 20, 2023||February 27-April 7, 2023|
|April 15, 2023||March 10, 2023||March 24, 2023||May 1-June 9, 2023|
|June 10, 2023||May 5, 2023||May 19, 2023||June 26-August 4, 2023|
|July 15, 2023*||June 16, 2023||June 23, 2023||July 31-September 8, 2023|
|September 9, 2023||August 4, 2023||August 18, 2023||September 25-November 3, 2023|
|October 28, 2023||September 22, 2023||October 6, 2023||November 13-December 22, 2023|
|December 9, 2023||November 3, 2023||November 17, 2023||December 26, 2023-February 2, 2024|
|February 10, 2024||January 5, 2024||January 19, 2024||February 26-April 5, 2024|
|April 13, 2024||March 8, 2024||March 22, 2024||April 29-June 7, 2024|
|June 8, 2024||May 3, 2024||May 17, 2024||June 24-August 2, 2024|
|July 13, 2024*||June 7, 2024||June 21, 2024||July 29-September 6, 2024|
Our proven, one-on-one test prep methods help students build a deep knowledge of the subject matter at hand while learning crucial test-taking and problem-solving skills — lowering anxiety levels and significantly raising test scores along the way.
Not sure which test to take? Not a problem – we can help with that also.
There are three key aspects of prepping for these tests: learning the logic of the test, studying the content, and practicing the questions.
Set your score goal!
Once you take your first practice test and find out your total score, we set your goal score! We look at potential colleges for you, what scores you need, and we make a plan to accomplish that goal. We keep it feasible based on the time frame you have.
Make a study plan and stick to your schedule.
We develop a realistic study schedule based on your strengths and weaknesses, goal score, and time frames you have – and your hockey schedule!
We offer hourly pricing – or packages for complete preparation.
The first obvious advantage of online classes is the sheer convenience factor.
With virtual learning, you have the option of taking classes in the privacy of your billeted home while wearing your comfy slippers and recovering from that Eels practice!
Not only have you saved hours by not having to travel to a physical location to take a class, but with online courses, you have greater flexibility in choosing the best time to study.
The screen-sharing option of Zoom is very useful and beneficial for both educators and learners.
We have been doing this in excellence for over a dozen years – we know all the aspects of successful study, ensuring your time is very well spent.
We offer a fully comprehensive program that takes each student through the full application process:
The following package includes applying to 8 colleges or universities.
- Fully filling out applications one on one with students.
- Develop a Resume.
- Develop Essays.
- Reporting of school grades where necessary and through proper portal. (Colleges and Universities do this differently) So it is important to know how each school expects the self-reporting of grades.
- Report SAT and ACT scores
- Once application is submitted, we make sure each student creates their portal at each college or university and then further submits what each college is looking for. (This is a very important part of the application process).
- Follow through with each student until student is accepted, deferred, or denied.
- If deferred, we will follow up with college or university to determine what they are looking for from the student to accept them.