Nearly 400 Alumni Of USPHL Organizations Earn College Hockey Conference Awards
By Joshua Boyd / USPHL.com
With more than 1,200 former players in college hockey in 2019-20 alone, the United States Premier Hockey League continues to be a leader in advancement to the next level beyond junior hockey. Not only do our players move on to the best educational institutions to continue their hockey careers, they also excel once they reach that level. Nearly 400 NCAA players from USPHL organizations past and present earned honors from their home conference and beyond during the 2019-20 season.
- More than 50 NCAA Division 1 players and close to 340 from the NCAA Division 3 level brought in honors, including the Sid Watson NCAA Division III Player Of The Year Award won by USPHL Premier alum Tom Aubrun, of Norwich University.
- Former Hampton Roads Whaler Brandon Osmundson (Utica College) was recognized as the National Division III Rookie Of The Year.
- At the NCAA Division I level, lumni of USPHL organizations also earned two Scoring Championships, two Rookie Of The Year Awards and one Goaltender Of The Year Award.
- Four alumni of the USPHL and its current member organizations also earned Hobey Baker nominations, including two who were Top 10 Finalists.
- At the NCAA Division II and III levels, Players Of The Year in nine conferences hailed from the USPHL and its current member organizations.
View the Full List of USPHL and Member Organization Alumni NCAA Awards